Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Caveman Bride

Days til the big day: 123
Yes that is a pint of Haagen-Daz "five" chocolate ice cream in the trash. And no, it is not empty.  I've realized that regardless of if I want to lose weight/body fat or not that I am a caveman bride and HD icecream is NOT part of the paleolithic diet.

The last 6 week Paleo challenge at CrossFit Queens was a personal failure.  I made every excuse for why I went "moo" paleo (adding dairy to the list of consumptables).  I also indulged in alcohol, desserts, and bread (that I don't even enjoy anymore).  At the end of the challenge I had actually gained 5lbs.  I didn't even gain that over the holidays!

So why now?  Well, I have to do this for me.  Not a prize.  I'll probably lose some body fat, but more importantly my stamina will improve.  Believe it or not, I'm not only a CF bride.  I'm also a full-time student at Hunter College in New York City, and I work between 25-40 hours a week (sometimes for weeks straight). And this crazy schedule has sacrificed my grades, distracted me from wedding plans, and made me neglectful of our closet size apartment.  So, I need my energy.  I need to not get the lethargic feeling I get after eating gluten, or the migraines I get after too much sugar.  I also need my immune system at its optimum.

How does a paleo challenge do all these things?  I have no idea.  If you care that much read Robb Wolf's books and listen to his POD casts.  All I know is that all these awesome things happened during my first challenge.  So, I need to rock it caveman style again and keep at it.  Will I never drink again?  No, but my alcohol consumption is so limited as it is, what's a few weeks without?  Will I miss any bread products? Absolutely not.

Starting Monday (and probably even this weekend) I'm caveman bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment