Friday, March 4, 2011

Off to the races

Days til the big day: 121

Living two hours from what Nick and I called home and our wedding destination has put a whole new swing on planning. I'm headed back North on my awesome weekend off from work to meet with the wedding planner. I'm also super excited because we are finally getting our "save the date" announcements out this weekend.

Honestly, I feel so lucky to have the great resources that Dutchess County offers for brides. I am pretty laid back when it's come to planning this celebration. However, for any other brides out there here's some advice: work with people you trust. I know most of my vendors personally or professionally from my years working at De'S Jewelers and let's face it, Poughkeepsie is a very small town. Knowing that my girlfriend of 8 years is DJing, Nick's aunts are our florist, and my aunt and uncle are doing photography takes such an edge off when it comes to reliability. So what do you do if you don't know anyone in the bridal industry? Ask friends. Ask the one vendor you think rocks. And stick with your gut feeling. A fast talking meeting will make for a fast talking photog when (s)he's an hour late to the ceremony.

So, I've bored all the other people who also read this. Sorry. I know you read this because it says "CrossFit" in the title, but read the rest. It actually reads "CrossFit Bride". So stuff like this will come up sometimes. However, a life lesson can be taken from my wedding advice as well. Do we always trust those closest to us in life? Try not to ignore the signs of drama and deceit in day to day life and what makes a "laid back" bride makes for a laid back human being.

On a side note I had to embed this awesome video by CrossFit Fairfax:

No comments:

Post a Comment