Saturday, March 5, 2011

Constantly Varied Boxes

Part of CF is constantly varying workouts, but I'm also a big fan of visiting different boxes. Why? Well, sometimes you know you suck at something. Maybe it's double unders, or oly lifts. But maybe you have the heaviest dead lift or you are the burpee queen at your box. Head out for a WOD on vacation and guess what? There is probably someone better than you. Despite our best efforts as crossfitters to work our hardest to improve, it's hard to push oneself if you think you are the best.

I know I'm not great at any CF movements. Why? Because I head to a different box every few months. Does this discourage me? Get me down? No. It makes me want to improve. I see a 250# dead lift, by a girl 20# lighter than me and I say I should do that. I see girls completing Fran asRX and I want those pull ups. You don't have to be a world traveler to see what other gyms are doing. Head to the cf community online to find your heroes. There are plenty of blogs, youtube videos, and facebook friends that can tell you whats up around the world. Get humble and get stronger, faster, and better.

CrossFit Affiliates

1 comment: