Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm not in

2009 Regionals, Nick Lobotsky and Dave Lipson
It's officially the start to the CrossFit Games 2011 season.  All I'll hear about are WODs, scores, times, and big name atheletes for the next 4 months.  Oh, and the big question I'm hearing is: "Are you in?" The answer: no, I am not in.  When I commit to a goal, like competition, that goal is my priority.  Maybe in a year or two, when I have double unders, hand stands, hand stand push ups, dead hang pull ups, and the list goes on... I may consider competing.  But right now, I need to focus on simply getting strong and being healthy.

As the CrossFit Games grows in scale each year, I see CrossFit members divided into two categories: health and fitness, and competition.  I think all us "in it to get fit and healthy" people look up to CF athletes.  They are the motivation to be better.  The crux of CF workouts is to push yourself to the extreme.  Beat yesterday's me.  Beat the girl next to me.  Get it done faster.

For now, I'll cheer on the side lines, one of my favorite past times.  I'll watch my fellow CFers sweat, bleed, and survive the CrossFit Games and be proud that I can be a part of such an amazing sport.  This is motivation and success.  This is CrossFit.

No comments:

Post a Comment